……helping children grow
As part of our Partnership with Parents, we bring to your attention our ‘Nursery Charter’. Our charter supports the legislation we will uphold and advises parents of what each other expects from the Nursery and of parents as an integral part of the team. This will also incorporate things that are important to ensure your child’s comfort whilst in our care.
We have a responsibility to children, parents and staff and we ask that you all work with us to provide the best possible care for your children.
Our vision is to recognise and meet the individual needs of each child in a nurturing and caring environment, helping children grow.
Working with Birth to Three and A Curriculum for Excellence, we are actively involved in the pursuit of excellence in Getting It Right for Every Child (GIRFEC).
It is our mission to provide the highest quality care and education to ensure that our children become; Successful learners, Confident Individuals, Effective Contributors and Responsible Citizens.
We recognise that meeting the needs of each individual child is essential to helping children grow and fulfil their potential.
Our Aims and Objectives
- provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children.
- Forge strong, positive relationships with parents and carers ensuring continuity of holistic care for each child.
- Provide care for each child’s social, emotional and educational well-being through the work of our committed and experienced staff.
- To fully involve parents in decisions made about the care provided for their children,
- Ensure that the needs of each child is taken into account and acted upon .
- The Health and Well-being of our children is paramount and as such we promote a healthy lifestyle. This will include regular exercise, healthy snacks and the development of your child’s emotional and social well-being.
Inform us of changes to any of the following personal details:
- Names of those who hold ‘Legal Parental Responsibility’
- Contact Telephone Numbers incl. Home, work or mobile.
- Health Visitor
- Any other professional with whom your child is associated
- Collection details
Advise us if you are not at your normal place of work or contact and give us a contact number which is best to contact you on in case of an emergency.
Keep your child at home if s/he has and Infectious disease such as diarrhoea, vomiting and/or a high temperature. For a Temperature only once 24 hours has passed since the temperature returned to normal without the aid of medication your child is well to return to Nursery. If your child has had diarrhoea and/or vomiting they must wait 48 hours after the last bout of illness before returning to the nursery.
Authorise us to give prescribed medication and to sign our records every time you collect your child. If it is the first time your child has been prescribed this medication your child must refrain from attending Nursery for the first 24 hours until the medication is in your child’s system to ensure there are no adverse reactions to the medication.
Sign our accident book whenever you are advised that your child has had an accident.
Collect your child promptly at the end of your session to ensure we stay within our ratios and within our insurance policy guidelines.